UPDATE TO Mrs. Flinger October 16, 2015
Because the Universe has a wicked sense of humor, after this delcaration, my blog threw up all over my last upgrade.
So I'm starting over using Craft. Turning 40 and kid entering Jr High next year, sometimes it's just time for a change. These archives will still exist in the way the last child goes off to college and their room is the same for 20 years, but it's just time to move forward.
two thousand sex? two thousand sucks? two thousand six… Jan 03, 2006
Well, can I just say? Shit. I’m behind and the year is an entire three days old. How the hell does this happen, people? Where went my intentions? Where went my goals? Apparently, as I sit in the pile and stacks of boxes, work, to do lists and mud from the garage, I’ve let things.. how shall I say.. distract me.
I finally uploaded some images on flickr. I have completely neglected our family site only to hear about it on Rbelle’s site from a comment my Mom made. For the love of gawd, people, I’m only one woman! And I’m a sucky one at that! I have phone calls to return, designs to make, blogs to fix, a syllabus to write, a job to start, contracts to fill out and grades to submit. And where am I? What am I doing?
Forgive me if I don’t make it to your sites for a week or two. Please, oh please, don’t feel left out. And whatever you do, please don’t comment on a best friend’s blog about how I suck at updating. ‘Cause I *may* just have to blog about you. And you don’t want me to blog about you.
Exhibit A) Mr. Flinger on Beer:
Elmo has sucked all the creativity out of me Jan 03, 2006
LB hasn’t napped in two days. Two Days, people. It’s been one giant cleaning orgy here at the Flinger’s house and LB has been up for the entire thing. Back in the day (read: before Oma came to provide 24/7 entertainment) she could play by herself and let me work/clean/blog. Now, even with Elmo on the new 20 in TV, she has no interest in being alone. It’s all “play-with-me” all the time. So it’s been Elmo, kid music, lots of redirection and Mr. Flinger cussing as he cleans out the attic so I can purge crap and make our house something that resembles a home, not a giant blue light special at K-mart.
I’ve written fabulous posts in my brain. Did you get the memo? No? That’s because “Lalala Lalala Elmo’s World” takes over as soon as I compose something. 100% Elmo 100% of the time makes a lady a little.. what’s the word here.. serial killer-ish.
Hey! Let’s try the Wiggles! Let’s try your books! Let’s try a bottle and a nap! Let’s try anything because Mommy will start drinking if she here’s one more “lalala lalala Elmo’s World.”
Welcome to 2006: The year I get my ass back and lose it again Jan 01, 2006
If you have resolutions, good for you. I’m not a “resolution” kind of a girl because I’ll pretty much forget what I wanted to accomplish by.. oh, say 10:30 on January First. (read: Resolution #232: Go to bed at 9pm and get up early to work out. Shit. It’s 10:31pm on day #1. Effit.)
I do, however, have goals. I have plans. I have lists. I have bins! And tubs! And more fabric storage boxes!
And, since I really should be in bed right now preparing to lose those last fifteen baby pounds so that I can get knocked up again and gain it all back in six months, I’ll share with you a brief list of the new “Mrs. Flinger goes all 2006”:
- Have more sex. This is a prelude, of course, to the conceiving of number 2 which is also another goal of this year.
- Start taking some major narcotic or smoking some very expensive drug. (Will be useful for dealing with why-the-hell-did-we-decide-to-procreate-AGAIN.)
- Shave my legs at least once a week. Also helps achieve goals 1 and 2
- Keep my eyebrows plucked. Damn, nobody told me that once you got them waxed, you’d have major upkeep. It’s the grow-out that scares me. When I have to brush aside my eyebrow hair to put in my contacts, I know it’s time to spend thirty minutes staring at myself in the mirror with a small, sharp object poised near my cornea.
- Follow through on silencing the inner bitch. I really think bullet number 1 will also accomplish this. If not, see bullet number 2.
- And last, but not fifteen pounds less (yet), fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothing so I can get all fat and pregnant again this summer.