We’re going purple for Maddie. If you’d like to know how to change your blog background to purple, this is the place! If you don’t know me, my name is Leslie and I’m a geek. I mean, really really geeky.
And I want to share my geek with you.
If you’re using Blogger:
3. Click on Fonts and Colors.
——Some templates let you change using the pallet. If you see the the following, you can use this method here. If not, skip to #6
4. In the “hex#” box, place 6969a0
5. Click Save.
6. Click on HTML.
*It’s always a good idea to do a “download template” as a backup here!!
7. Find the code that stars with
8. !! COPY THE BACKGROUND LINE FIRST AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE FOR LATER !!
9. Replace the existing background: #blahblah; with this:
10. Click Save!
1. Log in to the Dashboard.
2. Under Appearances, click on “Edit”
3. Usually the first template that shows up is your current theme’s CSS file. Check that this is correct (something like style.css)
4. Again, find the code that looks like this:
5. !! COPY THE BACKGROUND LINE FIRST AND SAVE IT SOMEWHERE FOR LATER !!
6. Replace the existing background: #blahblah; with this:
7. Click update!
1. Log in to twitter.
2. Click on Settings.
3. Click Design.
4. Click on “Change Design Colors”
4. Set the Main Background Color to #6969a0
5. Click Save Changes.
P.S. Thanks to Mommy Melee, we have a twitter background to use. To replace the background, download this graphic by “right click-save as” on THIS LINK HERE (or save graphic as) to your desktop. Then in twitter settings, just click on “Change Background Image” and browse to where you saved the image. Click Save Changes. VIOLA!
11 guests here now.
I made a Maddie background if anyone would like to use it.
Thank you for sharing the instructions!!
By Maria on 2009 04 09
woot! well done!
and by the by, I had to use the find command (open apple F on a mac) and search for background to find all the places I needed to change the color.
By Dawn on 2009 04 09
OMG thank you!!!
I’d got the text colors changed but had given up on the background.
By Al_Pal on 2009 04 09
Great idea! Do you know if it’s possible to change a Tumblr background? I’m an idiot at this sort of thing.
By Kelly on 2009 04 09
Hi Kelly, I know you can, but I don’t have a tumbler account. My husband, does, though. I’ll look at his setting and see where you do it.
By Mrs. Flinger on 2009 04 09
Thank you! If I can figure this out without breaking my blog, I think anyone can do this. Really appreciate it, even if the reason for doing it breaks my heart.
By Fairly Odd Mother on 2009 04 11
By Ree on 2009 04 11
Oh, thank you! I never would have known where to look or how to make the changes without your instructions. MUCH appreciated! <3
By Chibi Jeebs on 2009 04 11
Awesome tutorial… very helpful for those that aren’t too familiar with CSS and coding.
Two thumbs up!
By Trikes on 2009 04 15